Application of crusher hammer head
The crusher hammer head is the core part of a hammer crusher that is attached to the shaft of the rotor. It hits the materials directly when the rotor rotates rapidly and broke the materials into suitable sizes. The crusher hammer head is widely used in the sand and stone field, concrete sand making, dry mortar, artificial sand, power plant desulfurization, quartz sand, and so on.
Classification of the crusher hammer head
There are many categories of crusher hammer heads.
According to the hammer crusher it applies on
- hammer crusher hammer heads
- fine crusher hammer heads
- compound crusher hammer heads
- ring hammer crusher hammer heads
According to the material it uses
- forging crusher hammer head
- high manganese steel crusher hammer head
- high chromium alloy hammer head
- composite crusher hammer head
AGICO Crusher hammer spare parts for sale
AGICO supplies the “Big golden tooth”, the (high manganese/ tungsten and Titanium alloy composite materials ) hammer head, which is suitable for crushing hard, high SiO2, strong abrasive limestone under severe abrasive wear conditions.
|Product Name||(high manganese/ tungsten and Titanium alloy composite materials ) hammer head|
|Material||high manganese steel, manganese chrome, high chromium ( Cr13, Cr20, Cr23, Cr26, Cr28, etc. ), Titanium alloy|
|Making Process||casting or forging|
Performance of AGICO crusher hammer head
The tungsten-titanium alloy is embedded in the high-manganese steel hammer head. During use, the high-manganese steel exerts the toughness of the hammer head and is not easy to break. The tungsten-titanium alloy exerts its wear resistance. It solves the contradiction between the toughness and hardness of a single material and improves the anti-wear performance.
- The hardness is HRC60-65 which has two to three times the service life of other hammers using other materials.
- The maintenance and change rate of the hammer head significantly drop.
- The optimized heat treatment process makes the product uniform in hardness and has good resistance to mechanical shock and thermal shock.
The production process of the crusher hammer head
There are mainly two kinds of processing methods that are casting and forging.
Casting is a form of process from “liquid” to “solid”. It follows the steps of melting the metal into a liquid after heating, pouring the molten metal into the mold vessel. After cooling, solidification, and finishing, the casting is formed into a predetermined shape, size and performance. It is a good way for making complex parts.
The casting process of the hammer head saves the processing cost to a certain extent and shortens the production time. It is one of the basic processes of modern manufacturing. Casting can be classified according to the type of mold or the pressure used to fill the mold with liquid molten metal. According to the correct choice of alloy, casting can heat them to the highest temperature and obtain higher quality production materials, so that the hammer head of the alloy crusher has greater strength and wear resistance.
- Mold making and sand box shaping
- Heat treatment and water toughening
- Quality test
- Clear up and machine work
- Put in order and ready for ship
The forging process is mainly a process in which the hammer head collides with iron. Forging can eliminate defects such as loose metal produced in the smelting process of castings, optimize the structure and maintain the integrity of metal flow, and the mechanical properties of forgings are generally better than the same casting material.
Forged hammers have certain mechanical strengths. But the forging process has certain limitations. There are certain requirements for its size. Forged components cannot be too complicated. Forging has lower efficiency compared to the casting process.
Other types of hammer head
Forging crusher hammer head
- Suitable for crushing pebbles, coal gangue, limestone, etc.
- Made of train wheel hub steel (material 65Mn) which has good impact resistance, strong toughness, good wear resistance, not easy to break.
- Cheap, economical, and durable
High manganese steel crusher hammer head
- Good toughness, good manufacturability, low price
- Under the action of greater impact or contact stress, the surface layer will quickly undergo work hardening, and its work hardening index is 5-7 times higher than other materials, and the wear resistance is greatly improved.
- The overall performance requirements of the crusher are relatively high. If the physical impact force is not enough or the contact stress is small in actual work, the surface cannot be quickly worked hardened so that it will not be able to exert its due wear resistance.
High chromium alloy hammer head
- It has been widely used in fine crushers (third-generation sand making machines) and impact crushers with supporting hammers.
- Poor toughness, easy to fracture without hammer support.
High-chromium composite hammer
The hammer handle uses high-manganese steel, and the hammer’s working area uses high-chromium alloy. With the two materials combined, the hammer head has high hardness and the hammer handle has high toughness. The respective advantages of the two materials overcome the shortcomings of a single material.
The high-chromium composite hammer is especially suitable for crushing high hardness materials, such as quartz stone, basalt, etc.